In 1992, Tbilisi Medical Academy was founded by notable pediatric surgeon, Petre Shotadze who was also a Georgian physician.
In 1999, Tbilisi Medical Academy was renamed as “Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy”, following the demise of Dr. Shotadze. Since its establishment, TMA has grown up more than 1500 graduates who work successfully in leading Georgian and International Hospitals, Scientific Centres, and universities.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy (TMA) is one of the first private medical schools in Georgia, Europe with almost 25 years of experience behind its back. TMA is staffed with highly qualified academic staff and is providing medical education in accordance with international regulations and recommendations.
Study Process at Tbilisi Medical Academy is compatible with international standards. The academic faculty is represented by team of experienced professors, who have been trained in USA and Western European Countries. The Academic Process, based on ECTS system, allows students to gain international academic recognition.
Tbilisi Medical Academy offers 6 year MD program both in Georgian and English. So far, TMA has around 500 undergraduate students, including around 170 international students, mainly from USA, UK, India, Iraq, Nigeria, Bhutan, Egypt etc.
TMA is proud to be home university for many notable physicians and scientists, who are running successful careers both in Georgia and internationally.
Mission of Tbilisi Medical Academy is to raise competitive professionals, in accordance with the requirements of modern medical profession and demands of today’s medical job market.
The Goal of Tbilisi Medical Academy is to elaborate independent and critical thinking to the students that will support highly qualified specialists in the future.
- The MBBS course is completely taught in English medium of instruction and thus there is an increase in the number of international and Indian students.
- Students are not required to clear IELTS or TOEFL for admission.
- There is no entrance exam required for admission.
- Tbilisi Medical Academy provides on campus accommodation facilities to students.
- The university provides quality education that matches international standards.
- Students will get a universally recognized MBBS degree after successful completion of the course.
- No donation required for admission.
- The university consists of highly qualified, talented, staff. The university has maintained a good teacher-student ratio.
The Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is recognized and accredited by many medical bodies such as:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Georgian ministry of health
- AMSE (Association of medical school in Europe)
- AMEE (Association of medical education in Europe)
- Education Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- National centre of education quality enhancement
- European Medical Students Association (EMSA)
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME)
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED)